Monday, February 25, 2019

Review: Fixing Him

Fixing Him Fixing Him by Miranda Elaine
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Fixing Him is book 2 in the Fixing series and you do not need to read each book to understand this story. This is my first book by this author and in the series. While it appears that the characters are interconnected you are never felt like a piece of the story is missing. Though I will say is it a requirement that the men who work for Kade Construction must be hot?! The pictures we get in our heads of these characters has you wanting to break things and hoping that you can speed dial this construction company to fix your home.
Montana finds herself in a town that is completely out of her element outside of Red Oak. The characters will get a No strings attached, you get the Summer together and then it’s a goodbye to the town of Red Oak and Sam. Sam isn’t looking for a relationship, he has many things on his plate, but the connection between these two are real. You will see that taking an Uber may have been her best way into town. That is all I will say on that fateful moment as there were quite a few that made it meant to be.
She falls for the town and fighting the attraction for each other while he is fixing her inherited house. One thing Sam should know is, “never judge a person by the cover” cause his first impression of her was way off base. He has a lot on his plate, but what is learned in this Summer of fun is that you can still focus on your priorities and still give yourself a little me time to help ease your stress factor.
Makes you laugh, smile and hurt when they hurt. You almost forget your reading a story and realize that no you cannot go to town and visit these amazing characters. OH my, I love the little girl’s outburst of her questioning Montana’s name and Sam’s dad and Karen’s outcome. It was quite funny! While the title is Fixing Him, you will see not only does Montana help him grow and discover the balance of work/life that she also grows in her own way. You will love her quirky family especially her brothers. That ending though gets you cause that is not what I expected (I thought it would be reverse and I was wrong ok, twice I was wrong) and sometimes the things you least expect happen at the right time in your life. Loved it!
While I didn’t get to read Asher/Temperance’s story, I am so glad that I read this story and we can only hope that Leigh gets a story. These girls together are a riot and the men are just as funny. There is not one set of characters that you meet that you don’t fall in love with. Even a pet will become your favorite animal. If the demand for this pet becomes popular, we can always thank the author. Wonder if my Village would allow for one? haha


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment