Thursday, March 28, 2019

Titles: UNexpected & UNconventional
Duet Title: The Island Duet 
Author: Alyne Hart
Genre: MFM Menage Romance
Release Date: March 28, 2019
Can three people really love each other? 
How far would you be willing to go to change your life?
All I wanted was to find some peace.
To find myself again.
Falling in love wasn’t part of that plan.
But everything changed the day I met them.
Gabe and Michael.
So different.
And yet together, they are perfect.
I can’t decide which one I love more.
And maybe I don’t have to.
Because they both love me too.
Can three people really love each other?
Or was it the air of the island messing with our hearts and minds? 
Loving one meant losing the other...
I don't know how it happened.
But everything got complicated.
So complicated. 
I don't know where it all started,
all I know is that it all fell apart. 
Two men have my heart.
Loving them both made me lose one.
Now I may lose the other. 
Hearts are fragile. 
And mine still beats for two.
Can we save what we once had?
Or is it too unconventional? 


Alyne Hart is a contemporary romance author and wine connoisseur living in Walla Walla, WA. She's known for writing stories that pack an emotional punch and get you right in the feels. She loves writing very real and very flawed characters and writing about real, gritty and raw romance . She's a romance junkie and happy endings addict, and if you’re a lover of deeply emotional, flawed and raw reads with lots of delicious angst, her books are for you. Alyne's stories involve characters with bigger problems than just finding love. She writes stories about making peace with the past, rekindling old flames and healing old wounds. She loves small towns, men in uniform and alpha males with a heart of gold. She began her story-telling journey first with her dolls, then it progressed to paper. She has a deep love for anything romantic, and she's a believer that in love anything is possible. When Alyne isn’t writing, you can find her reading, hanging out with her cat, and spending time with her two children. She enjoys trips to the mountains just as much as trips to the wine cellar, live music, chick flick movie marathons and hanging out with her eclectic group of friends.

HOSTED BY:


The Island Duet consists of book one, Unexpected and then book two, Unconventional. One of the things that I loved that this author did was that she released the duet together and we didn’t have to wait to get our hands on the other book. At times releasing it separately works, but when they are far apart it takes a while to joggle your memory. So, this way allowed us to take a break or continue right on. Loved it! Plus, I loved the cover (yes, I am a cover girl). This is the first set of books I have read by this author and I will be adding her to my list of more books to read. 
In Unexpected we meet Amie, Gabe and Michael. Amie coming off from a bad divorce and trying to find her new norm, her BF, Tony decides to plan a trip for her to getaway. Score one for Tony cause this was the best thing for Amie! Instantly once Amie lands on the Island when she meets Michael and Gabe you can feel the intense chemistry coming off these characters. She connects with each man differently. Michael is the fun one with some stuff he tries to hide (I will leave it at that to avoid a spoiler). Gabe is the sweet one, but also the rock for Michael and Amie. You feel lucky that they both get to share her cause being with just one wouldn’t make anyone truly happy. It isn’t all lovey dovey on the Island and it leads you to ask the same questions that you see portrayed by the characters when it comes time to go back. I loved what Amie does back home, that was sweet! Seeing as we know it’s a duet you know that while you have your heart at the moment that it will drop at the end. Drop it did! That was Unexpected on who it was at least for me! 
In Unconventional we know it’s not the typical everyday relationship and seeing as there is three it will come with more battles and hurdles. Boy did this book tear me apart! It picks up right where Unexpected left off and you hurt for them all. Michael oh Michael is what I will say to avoid any spoilers. Gabe throughout it all stays the strongest, but you can see that between the three of them while it works, and they are happy they aren’t happy, and you will see why. The author broke us, made us laugh and then heals us in this book. You truly see how each man held a certain relationship with Amie that made them all whole together. Gabe’s rule of three is spot on for these musketeers and that brotherly love was just the right touch. You will see some Unexpected characters surface in this book, but it puts a smile on your face. One thing that had me feeling like I missed something was a comment in the Epilogue on Tony. Hoping this means he gets book. That ending though is heartwarming and while Unconventional Amie, Gabe and Michael need three hearts instead of two for it to beat properly. 
I truly enjoyed reading this duet and even though my heart hurt many times and I had to wipe my tears, it just goes to show us that the most Unexpected and Unconventional things sometimes work better than before. I loved many of the secondary characters and I look forward to reading more books by this author. 

No comments:

Post a Comment