Wednesday, June 8, 2022


πŸŽΆπŸ’— EXCERPT REVEALπŸ’—πŸŽΆ

Take a peek inside 𝐍𝐨 π‚π¨π¦π¦πžπ§π­ by Lisa Suzanne! This is a rock star, second chance, stand-alone romance coming June 23rd. Add it to your TBR today! 

Links in bio: @authorlisasuzanne

Subscribe to Lisa’s newsletter to read the first chapter on June 9th! https://geni.us/LSNL

Review sign up: @wordsmithpublicity

 

EXCERPT:

“You deserved more than I would’ve had to give you. You deserved the world, and I was only capable of giving you maybe ten percent of me. It wasn’t enough. I wasn’t enough, and I’m still not.” He lowers his voice. “Nobody is.”

My eyes fill with tears at his words. “You really think you wouldn’t have been enough for me?” 

“It didn’t matter. You married my brother.” He blows out a breath then glances up at the house to indicate my daughter. “And now it’s too late.”

Is it too late, though? Is it ever too late to correct the course?

“You probably made the right choice,” he says. “You have a kid with him, and I’m still a fuck-up. You’ve got a better life with him than I could’ve given you.”

“How do you know it’s been a better life?” I ask softly.

“I don’t. For either of us. Truthfully, I haven’t really smiled in the last four years until you walked through that door today and I saw for myself that you were okay.”

A sense of dΓ©jΓ  vu washes over me. “I had that same feeling when I first saw you.”

He reaches over and grabs my hand, and tingles light up my chest at the touch. “I’ve missed you, Nash. I still compare everyone else to you, and nobody measures up. But even more than that, I miss your friendship.” His voice is raspy and my God, I’ve missed him, too.

I haven’t allowed myself to feel how much until this moment.

I squeeze his hand back as I stare into the fire in my own sort of trance. “I’ve missed you, too, Stevenson,” I whisper.

#NoComment #CapitalKingsmen #secondchanceromance #musician #rockstarromance #slowburn #steamy #lovestory #goodreads #tbr #wordsmithpublicity

 

No comments:

Post a Comment