Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Review: Heartfelt Lies

Heartfelt Lies Heartfelt Lies by Kristy Love
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh my, I thought book one was good and heart wrenching, but this one tops the gut churning feels as you read this. This is book 2, about Jax and although you do not need to read book 1 to understand this story you won't want to miss going back after you read book 2 to find out about his sister, Ryanne and Will.
As I began reading this I was like oh, I know who this is about. Wrong, so not the girl I would have thought for Jax. I'm glad though as I didn't like the girlfriend from high school. In this book, we get to see Jax's story and what he dealt with his family being raised as a kid and the events that led up to today. Oh the lies that are told. The key is to remember that lies have short legs and once they catch up to you, your world comes crashing down on you. Just ask Jax cause his world crashed more than a few times.
Jax was a typical college kid who saw Cassie and knew that there was something about her that intrigued him. She was different than most girls. Ok, lets be real she was more than different than other girls and I applaud her for many things that she dealt with.
Cassie had the life most girls would not want to be in and dealt with it the best way she knew how. She had to protect Ben and boy did she protect him as you should. There was something about Jax though that made her take the leap with him. This girl had a lot of suffering and Jax's lies just made it worse. Cassie did the only thing she thought was best and ended it with Jax. What happens though when you move on and are set to marry someone and the love of your life that you let go resurfaces?? Ask Cassie. haha. Do you choose a safe relationship for comfort or do you chose the all feels type of love that sizzles? That's a hard one and many of us have been there and the results go both ways. History repeats itself though when we learn about her mom.
This book deals with more sensitive topics that others experience and what can trigger them as well. In the end, I love how Jax turned out and the epilogue was so sweet. Cassie is a very strong women and loves with her whole heart even after the wrongs that were made. The only open question I have is what happened to the neighbor, Maria? Everything happens for a reason and I think the timing of the events needed to occur for Jax and Cassie to be together. Cant' wait to read about Roxie, the spitfire sister!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment