Friday, June 16, 2017


WHISPER FOREVER by CA Harms is LIVE! 


Whisper Forever by C.A. Harms 

Contemporary Romance


I wanted to forget him so many times. Erase the memories we shared and pretend he didn’t exist. It would have made his absence easier to accept.

Lucas Rivers broke my heart more than once. 
In my world he was my guy, the one I’d grow old with and laugh with. But things aren’t that simple, and time changes everything.

That naive girl with dreams of happily-ever-afters was gone. 
I didn’t need a man to complete me. I was enough—no, I was more than enough. I was strong and determined. I was Madelyn Emery, and never again would a boy break my heart.

But the moment Lucas returned after four years, acting like we could pick up where we left off, that strength inside me shifted. The more I tried to ignore his efforts, the harder he fought.

How can one simple word whispered by one man mean so very much?

“Forever.”




C.A. Harms is like any other addicted reader. She enjoys happy endings and HEA love stories. She hasn't always been a lover of Romance and had once been addicted to a good Mystery. Just recently she has taken on a new liking and now is a full blown Romance novel addict.

She lives in Illinois and enjoys spending time with her husband and two children. You will always find her with her kindle or paperback in hand as it is her favorite pass time.



HOSTED BY:

BLOGS REVIEW

Second chance love stories are a way to redeem one self you can say. We see that here in this story and while at times I don't want to forgive Lucas either, just those words have you wanting to change your mind and forgive him like Maddie. Madelyn and Lucas were inseparable since children and of course with age things don't remain the same (although we would like them to). Lucas and Maddie grew further and further apart, but one thing that never changed is Maddie was always in the back ground supporting him and cheering him on. His dream of being an NFL player was coming and his college acceptance was helping with this dream. Lucas was made to leave the small town and Maddie was made for staying in the small town. 
Maddie was sassy, fiesty, funny, a tomboy and a girly girl when she needed to be. She loved her town and knew this was her life. Lucas was sweet, blind to Maddie's feelings and his own, yes he had some downfalls, but don't we all.  He was a typical teen boy and no saint in college. It doesn't go into detail, but we know he wasn't. Maddie always thought "Forever" would be with Lucas even as young as the age of ten. Lucas and her haven't spoken for over four years while he was away at college and his return to town due to his injury is a jaw dropper. I would have loved to see the expressions (besides those in my mind) when they came face to face the first time in all those years. Can their silent years pick up like it never happened?
Oh, don't you worry, Maddie was not easy when it came to rekindling a friendship with Lucas and I don't blame her. Lucas while recovering from an injury has to deal with accepting his life being in the small town he didn't think he would stay in, trying to fix the damage in their relationship and deciding what the future holds for him. Just when things seem to finally be moving forward between these two a bomb dropper is revealed by the mom's and your heart drops like Maddie's. What does this mean for them cause it's almost like Deja Vu all over? This is the area where some readers will agree or agree to disagree and you will see why (lips are sealed). I can see both sides and whether right or wrong, one person typically has to make a sacrifice to make a relationship work in the forever sense. If you are in a relationship that isn't serious than it wouldn't be an issue. In the end, I think Lucas redeemed himself and that where Maddie ended was how it should have ended. I loved the ending and the second chance at love truly became a double chance you can say. This is the vaguest I could be without saying what I want to say. CA once again delivers a five star read and gives you that romance that has your heart-beating, getting teary eyed, gives us a gasp and then pulls you in closing all those feelings to a loving ending. She pulls you in from the beginning and then leaves you happy, but yearning for more in the end. Just remember spoken words mean more when they are a "Whisper".  

No comments:

Post a Comment