Wednesday, August 16, 2017


From best-selling author Riley Edwards comes another, 
heart-stopping last chance military romance. 
After the love of Lily's life and best friend dies in combat, she struggles to move on - until Carter Lenox enters her life. Carter has a secret, one that will destroy Lily. But when a terrorist hell bent on revenge tries to kill Lily, Lenox has no choice but to claim the one woman he should never have.

FREE - A Black Ops Romance
Genre- badass military romance
Heat level - Smokin' 
Over 18! Bad boy alpha military men use foul language and enjoy dirty talk. 

ON SALE $0.99 -  Until 8/23

He was my first love…
I wanted him to follow his dreams. I wanted him to escape the life he hated. I thought I was doing the right thing by not telling him how I truly felt. Until it was too late, and my silence turned into my biggest regret.
Twelve years ago, Shane Owings died, taking my heart with him. I was left devastated and broken hearted. Time didn’t heal, as the years went on I only missed him more.

She was my best friend… the only woman I ever loved.
When I ran off to join the Army, I left behind everything I had ever loved. I thought I was doing the right thing, but my good intentions quickly turned into my biggest regret.
Every year on the anniversary of Shane’s death I watched as Lillian Nelson visited Shane’s grave and spilled her secrets to a dead man. Each year I hoped she wouldn’t be back, that her heart would finally heal and she would move on. But year after year she was back. So many times I wanted to reach out and comfort the beautiful woman, but I knew she would never forgive me. It was my fault Shane was dead. 

Until… A terrorist shows up looking for revenge.
I had to come out of the shadows and protect the one woman I had no business falling in love with.

Free is a steamy last chance at love military romance. No cheating. Guaranteed HEA.


About Riley Edwards
Riley Edwards is a best-selling multi-genre author, wife, and military mom. Riley was born and raised in Los Angeles but now resides on the east coast with her fantastic husband and children. Her two eldest children have flown the coop and are now serving in the US military. Riley also has a teenage daughter that is the source of laughter and wit around her house. Her youngest son is a "bad-ass" in training and is very much a mini version of his Alpha father.

Riley writes heart-stopping romance with sexy alpha heroes and even stronger heroines. Riley's favorite genres to write are romantic suspense and military romance. (Those are also her favorites to read.) She's known for her jaw-dropping plot twists. You know the ones? Those pivotal scenes in a story that when executed so flawlessly it leaves you breathless and begging for more? Yeah, those! She's mastered the art of blending suspense, romance, and smoldering sexy times. It's like Criminal Minds, and the Spice Channel mated, and a perfect love child was born.

To learn more about Riley's books, please visit, www.RileyEdwardsRomance.com. And don't forget to sign up for the Riley's Rebel's Newsletter.

FOLLOW RILEY 




BLOGS REVIEW

First off, this is the first book I have read by this author and after reading this please tell me this is going to be a series cause not only do you fall in love with Lillian and Shane, but you fall in love with those other HOT military men in the 707. This story is told from third person dual POV and allows your feelings to feel FREE after you wipe your eyes numerous times. Be still your heart reading this story and BRAVO to those spouse's and military men and women cause being in a relationship and on tour has got to be one of the hardest tasks to handle. 
Lillian and Shane were in a society (rich) and they didn't belong in that world and had dreams of leaving that world behind. They were two BF who withheld their feelings for each other so that the other could explore their dream. This may become their BIGGEST regret ever. 
Twelve years of heartache and torture is a long time to endure what occurred in this story. Reading the synopsis you are left wondering whose fault it was for Shane's death. Wow! Talk about a gasp worthy moment when that person has to unveil the shadow and protect her from what they were trying to protect her all along with. Holy smokes! I think I would faint, wake up and faint again. 
Lillian made something of herself and created what would have been Shane's dream and that is so touching. The feelings that were left unspoken where spoken in her work. Add some twists in the society she tries to avoid at all costs and you are left hoping no one interrupts you, that for once you wish your train is delayed so you can keep reading to see what is going to happen. That was me, lol and it didn't, but that is OK cause I made sure to finish that book the same day. It hooks you from page one until the very end. 
There's a BOOM moment that some may or may not agree with. This is all I will say about that, but I totally agree with it and it needed to be on their own terms even though it was kept quite for as long as possible. You are definitely on the edge of your seat reading this, wiping your eyes and then biting those nails. Oh my if you loved the 707 guys you will totally fall for the A's! Whose the A's? Read the book cause I think you will agree.
The only thing I found to be a little upsetting is the ending. It gave us what we needed and then The End. No epilogue or lead into another possible book. I am hoping that was intentional and while we know what will occur to a point it would be nice to hear about it. Thinking it was geared to be in another book, I hope whether it is on them or the crew. I'll take it!. This is a story about getting a chance at love being in the military. May this book set you Free after your heart heals. haha :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment