Sunday, March 19, 2017

Review: Hacked Up

Hacked Up Hacked Up by Ethan Stone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If you enjoy reading fast-paced mystery thrillers with an added bonus of MM romance this book is for you. It's been quite awhile since I have read this type of genre and after reading this it makes me miss reading these genres. I may have to incorporate more of these reads in my planning. From the beginning to end you will see twists, suspense, some sad moments, frustration and much willpower when it comes to a relationship with Detective Peter Tao. I kept thinking I guessed the killer and then kept switching my mind back and forth. I failed, did you?
Detective Peter and his partner, Jamey are assigned a case to catch whose killing these men in the Seattle area. He's paired with quite a few people to help solve this case. They are very like-able characters. Some are more of the straight and arrow follow the rules and some are bending the rules the farthest they can to get information to stop the killer.
We see a suspect, Bryce that forms a bond with Tao after he is no longer a suspect and this is where the willpower comes into play. He will not bend his rule of being with a married man. He's been burned in the past and no matter how much we know these two are good together he holds true until Bryce is divorced.
When the killer is revealed, you just might feel like smacking yourself as the clue's where right in front of you. This thriller was definitely suspenseful. I had very few questions at the end, it was more me wanting to know about Bryce and if he was able to do what he was trying to accomplish. What is he trying to accomplish you say? Um, zip my lips, they are sealed. Curl up with a warm blanket and drink of your choice and read, Hacked up and see if you can solve this mystery before the ending.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment