Friday, March 17, 2017

Title: Rush
Series: Montgomery Men #1
Author: C.A. Harms
Genre: Contemporary/Suspense Romance

I was running from my husband, a man I thought I’d known. 
Running from the hell he had put me through. 
He’d nearly destroyed the woman I had once been and 
I would do whatever it took to regain my freedom. 
I would lie, and cheat. 
I would steal if it meant that I never had to go back there. 
I’d run and keep running… 
But there was one problem. I hadn’t planned for Ashton Montgomery. 
He was a distraction I couldn’t allow. Not if I wanted to stay safe. I had to remain distant, but he was relentless and had other ideas. 
I caved because I hadn’t thought it all through, not in detail. 
If I had I would’ve realized that you can only live in a fantasy world for so long before everything came crashing in around you. 
And those lives you’ve destroyed along the way, make you no better than the monster you were trying to break free from. 
How could I have been so careless? 
It wasn’t meant to turn out this way. 
But the Rush of my freedom took control and I forgot how important it was to keep the secret of who I had once been. 
And now I had nothing. 
Only the fear that the man I’d run from would find me again, and finish what he started. 


"It's raw, I am literally STRIPPED of emotion right now. It's racy, Ashton is SO FREAKING HOT, I swear I'm on fire." - Bookalicious Babes Blog 
"This book gutted me in certain places and made me laugh in others. But most importantly it was amazing.." - Reader Review
"Ashton Montgomery will steal your heart!" - Author Kaylee Ryan
C.A. Harms is like any other addicted reader. She enjoys happy endings and HEA love stories. She hasn't always been a lover of Romance and had once been addicted to a good Mystery. Just recently she has taken on a new liking and now is a full blown Romance novel addict.

She lives in Illinois and enjoys spending time with her husband and two children. You will always find her with her kindle or paperback in hand as it is her favorite pass time.
HOSTED BY:


This is book one in the Montgomery Men series and the title does what it is called. We get so caught up in the story that you will not only want to read this in one sitting, but the adrenaline Rush you will experience while reading will have you wanting to know if Kinsley will be safe finally. 
Kinsley has been married to an evil man and she got one moment to run and she took it. She didn't care what she had to do to keep running from him as long as he never finds her, she will be OK. Things are going smoothly until Ashton that is. Kinsley may be feisty, but Alpha Ashton always wins you can say. He may be a manwhore, but something in Kinsley is changing him for the better. Ashton may be a distraction that she cannot ignore and craves, but you cannot always run and hide and be safe. You are bound to get caught!. Whew! I didn't know if I should be more nervous for Kinsley being found by Jase (her evil husband) or if the truth coming out for Ashton was going to be worse. There were a few times that his Alphaness reminds you of how Jase treated her, but then you realize he is doing it in a safe protective way not an horrendous way that Jase was. 
Though her past should not have happened in a way it is good that it did as it led her to Ashton and they are both meant for each other. You will meet Lex as well in this story, can I have him for a BFF please? He is hilarious and someone we all need in our life to bring out the fun we hide sometimes.
Can the lies to keep her safe be enough for Ashton and Kinsley is what you will be wondering while reading this? Intense moments waiting to find out if the Montgomery Men can succeed or fail. I cannot wait for the next Montgomery Men book. Each book can be read as a standalone though. Though there is not a book yet that I have read by this author that doesn't hook you and keep you reading until the very end. I would recommend you read any of her books if you have not read any and you will definitely be adding this author as a go to author to your list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment