Tuesday, May 14, 2019


We are thrilled to be bringing you the release of BROKEN BEATS by D. Kelly. Lovers of single dad romance won't want to miss this one - be sure to grab your copy today!

 

About BROKEN BEATS

Darren Single father Widower Retired Three things I never thought I’d be by thirty, yet all my daily reality. This is not the life I would have chosen, but it’s the hand I’ve been dealt. I love my daughter. I loved Belle. I’m not interested in more heartache. Relationships are a thing of the past. Until I meet her - She’s the awakening I desperately need, but one I’m not sure I deserve.
Haddie Everything happens for a reason. Time heals all wounds. You’re too young to give up on love. They say that, but they’re wrong. My world crumbled forever when my fiancĂ© died. Then I met him – He’s flawed in the same ways. Broken in the same places. Scared of the same things. He looks at me like I’m his salvation. And I want to be, but an open heart means risking a broken one.

Add BROKEN BEATS to your Goodreads TBR today!

 

Get BROKEN BEATS today! Amazon | Apple | Nook | Kobo

 
 

About D. KELLY

Kelly, author of The Acceptance Series, The Illusion Series, and standalone companion novels Chasing Cassidy and Sharing Rylee, was born and raised in Southern California. She’s a wife, mom, dog lover, taxi, problem fixer, and extreme multi-tasker. She married her high school sweetheart and is her kids’ biggest fan. Kelly has been writing since she was young and took joy in spinning stories to her childhood friends. Margaritas and sarcasm make her smile, she loves the beach but hates the sand, and she believes Starbucks makes any day better. A contemporary romance writer, D. Kelly’s stories revolve around friendship and the bond it creates, strengthening the love of the people who share it. Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Newsletter | BookBub

Blogs Review

Broken Beats is a spin-off from the Illusion Series and while you will see secondary characters from this story this book can be read as a standalone. This is the first book that I have read by this author and in this series and I felt like I was part of the family already. Haha. This story will gut you and bring you to your knees a few times. The laughter and joy help to offset those emotions though. 
Darren, the drummer from Bastards and Dangerous was on top of the world until it all came crashing down on him. He was left a widower, a single father to Cady and pretty much retired. Belle and his band were his world so how does he expect his drum to still be able to beat let alone his heart. He’s drowning in his sorrow while struggling with being the best dad he can be. 
Haddie is someone many maybe able to relate to and you will see why I say this reading the story. Her world crumbled the day her fiancĂ© died and its been hard to move on. Instead of finding closure in how some would she goes to find closure in a place that meant something to them. I loved that plus so much more about her! 
The saying of, “Time heals all wounds” is very true as each person heals on their own time when they are ready. Fate decided that now was the time for Darren and Haddie to meet. You will laugh at them when they first meet, you will see the struggle they share with not only their similar connection they share, but with the connection that has them feeling something they have not yet been able to feel for a long time now. 

I love how opposite these characters are and how Darren shows Haddie she’s perfect the way she is! You not only fall in love with Darren, Haddie and Cady, but you fall in love with all the other band mates, wives and children. I love how they all intertwined, but only met at the right time (Darren and Haddie). This maybe my first book, but I’m holding out hold that a certain set of children get their own story. That ending though! If you think you cry in the prologue just wait till the end, but I will say it is a different kind of tears and the perfect way to have closure for all. This is a story about being broken and healing and finding that it is more than okay to move on and still hold those memories that you cherish. There is so much more I would love to say, but that would contain spoilers, so I’ll leave it at this. I highly recommend this book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment