Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Title: Audrey and the Hero Upstairs
Author: R. Linda
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: July 31, 2018 Publisher: Limitless Publishing
My road to recovery began with Brody—the man who saved my life.
Without his courage and determination, I’d have died in the fire that took the lives of my entire family. If that’s not a hero, I don’t know what is.
Brody has been by my side every step…but the emotional scars are as crippling as the physical ones, even if they’re harder to see. The anxiety of being around people, seeing their disgust, feeling their pity—I’m not sure I can handle it.
Maybe it’s wrong, but feelings are developing between us, leading to stolen glances and sneaky kisses. The problem is I’m not quite eighteen, he’s twenty-five, and we’re living under someone else’s roof. It would be so much simpler with someone my own age, like Bennett, the hottest guy in school.
How can Brody and I possibly be together? And if we were, how would we explain all this to our friends and Brody’s family—who also happen to be my foster parents? I’ve already lost so much…but can I lose someone who shouldn’t even be mine?

R. Linda drinks wine and writes books.
A coffee addicted, tattoo enthusiastic fangirl with a slight obsession for a particular British boy band and solo artist, she is a writer of Contemporary YA/NA Romance and Suspense, sometimes dabbling in Paranormal as well. 
Renee lives in Melbourne, Australia with her husband and two sons. When not writing she can often be found reading books to her children and cuddling up with them on the couch to watch their favourite movies.
HOSTED BY:


This is book 5 in the Scandalous series and we met Audrey briefly in the last book. We didn’t know much so do not think you have to read the other books to understand this story. Each book can be read as a standalone and while the characters have continuing stories at no time do you ever feel lost or that you had to read their story to fall in love with any of these characters. Audrey has a long road to recovery and Brody has been there every step of the way. Brody and Audrey have an attraction and maybe its due to the closeness they share with what happened and how he supports and motivates her to heal. But... He sees the real her though (inside/out) and as events occur you see that it is so much more. There is an age gap, but you know what let’s state the real facts here. Yes, it may be young and old (truly not a huge gap), but if many of us look back at our experience in the younger ages I’m sure a huge majority of us have had a past with an age gap like this. I know I did! He may have been Audrey’s Hero, but you will see that she was just as much his and it helps bring closure to some open wounds he’s been carrying around with him. That’s all I can really say as to avoid spoilers.  I love the stories each book brings out and love seeing old friends with new friends in this series. Bennett who we meet in this book is awesome and I can’t wait to see the story on him down the road. Seeing as the series is called Scandalous so imagine how much more creative this one will be. All I can think of is one Motley Crue song when it comes to this, but I will withhold this song as it would give it away potentially.

No comments:

Post a Comment