Friday, November 3, 2017

Review: Sunset Thunder

Sunset Thunder Sunset Thunder by Shannyn Leah
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Each book can be read as a standalone; however, the other characters will crossover throughout the other books. This is my first read in the Caliendo series; however, I have read one book from the other series (Lakeshore about the McAdams Sisters) in Willow Valley and we see this clan make an appearance and they were oh so appealing. You will definitely want to read both series even if out of order. That makes it so much better as you can read in order or out of order and still enjoy the story.
First let me say, I would never and I mean never be able to do what Violet does for a living let alone for my scumbag of an ex-husband and who he is marrying. Oh, don’t you worry it keeps getting better and better with the way Joel (her ex) tries to still run her life. She is strong and may be known as an “Ice Queen”, but she is anything but this. Don’t believe me, ask Ryder!
Oh, Ryder is Joel’s friend and his best man. You will be cheering on Violet when you see what she does with Ryder, but it isn’t that easy. Not only is there Joel making this hard even though he is getting married, but there is a mighty twist that is revealed and Ryder isn’t the only one with his mouth hanging open. Trust me, it’s a good one especially since the rents were aware of this and said NADA. Ryder has his fair of secret too, so you will be left wondering if they can both let go of the past and make a go at what they could have in the now and future.
You fall in love with Violet, Ryder, her kids and her family while you loath her ex-Joel and his mousy fiancĂ©. If you enjoy contemporary reads this one’s for you. I cannot wait to read more on the Caliendo’s especially when it comes to Miss Izzy as I call her.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment