Monday, July 4, 2016

LET THE WAVES COME IN
BY J. L. LESLIE
 
 
 
 
BLOGS REVIEW


This is an awesome read especially if you wish to read while being outside whether on the beach or your own backyard. From the moment I picked up this book, I could not put it down, it was that good. You will feel the emotions of the characters and I love that it was told from dual POVs. I truly think a book is better read when we get both sides of the story from all characters involved. Aubrey and Drew are like two peas in a pod, they have been best friends since they were little kids and to this day remain best friends. Bravo to the author for this, as yes, girls and boys can be friends without ever blurring the lines even as they grow up. This just goes to show that true friendship doesn't matter what your gender is. Aubrey has crushed on his older brother, Declan for years she takes this to a different level when she is eighteen and has to live with the outcome shortly thereafter. Insert, Chandler and we find out that Aubrey is struggling with a tragic experience and has a constant battle of fighting depression and forgiving both herself and Chandler. Can I just say that Chandler is a piece of work (that is nicely put I might say). While it was tragic on the events that occurred I truly believe this was Aubrey's wake up call before she made the worst decision of her life with Chandler. Declan had his own struggles being in the military. He also had to battle his feelings for Aubrey not only when they were younger, but once they resume a friendship years later being in the same state. From roommate to roomhate, to doing what you can to let Aubrey decide what is best for them. I will say I was Team Declan the whole time and was not Team Chandler at all. I loved that as Drew being his brother and her best friend, that he supported her no matter what and was always there for her. I did not like his fiancé, Kammie either she was a piece of work. Though my mouth did drop at the airport scene. That was awesome and jaw dropping. In this book, you will truly feel the story from all characters and I gotta say not once are you confused on who is speaking and how she ties the story together. The suspense was there and we rode it in waves as it unfolded. You will laugh, cry and gasp while reading this book, but it is totally worth it. I can't read to read the next book from this author and I am glad I found her cause she has a reader for life now.


No comments:

Post a Comment