Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Review: Ryan's Love

Ryan's Love Ryan's Love by C.A. Harms
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh boy, I want a Ryan. Darn I was crying in just the prologue so I knew I was in for a good story. Ryan had to bury his wife, Claire (she was the one since they were young kids) and he was left to raise, Olivia when she was only twelve. Bravo to him and this story, it truly depicts what a man goes through when his wife passes and he is left to raise his child alone. We usually see it from woman and a man saving her. This was so much better even if I teared up throughout this book. You will laugh as well though as he has a close knit family and I don't know who made me laugh more his mama or his brothers.

Amber left Chicago to start over in this small town and to re-open the bakery that was her grandma's under a new name and newer image. What she didn't expect was to start a relationship after her ex who was a jerk anyways.

Ryan and his brother see her on the side of the road and for the first time in a few years Ryan starts to have feelings after his wives death. He struggles to understand that he can be happy and that Claire would have wanted him to be happy. We get to see scenes from a teenager as well on how a parents death affects them as well as when the remaining parent starts to date again.

Amber does the right thing I believe and in the end it helped Olivia as well. Loved that Amber never let her forget Claire. When Ryan feels he truly feels and he has a big heart for everyone not just his family.

This was the first book I have read by this author and it won't be the last that is for sure. I cannot wait until we get the stories on the brothers either cause then not only will we get to see Ryan, Amber and Olivia we will get the brothers and they are funny as heck.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment