Monday, January 9, 2017

Review: Off Base

Off Base Off Base by Annabeth Albert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I stumbled upon this book on NetGalley and I love reading M/M, Military Men and those with the most complex relationships and I found that all in this one book. This is the first book I had read by this author; however, the #gaymers series really has me intrigued now after reading some of the secondary characters.
Zack is one of the most complex men when it comes to relationships and being SEAL. I loved loved that this story was about a virgin male cause he sure didn't act like it before or after he gave into his desires. Wowzer that was hot! My heart went out to him when it came to being a SEAL. The DADT rule really needs to be more enforced. Kuddos to the author on writing this military taboo cause no one should go through what Zack did. His buddies were a tremendous support system though.
Pike oh Pike you could not be more opposite Zack in so many ways. You frequented the "tourists", your hilarious and a take no holds guy who doesn't usually have a plan. Your taste of style for house decorating is awesome and I only wish I could see Zack's face in real life with some of the color designs.
Living off base isn't all cracked up like Zack thought it would be. He may be able to save lives, but he couldn't be a handyman so thank goodness for Pike's handiness. The chemistry between these two are HAWT and it touches on so many sensitive topics that you will want to devour this book in a sitting.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment