Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Review: The Stereotypical Freaks

The Stereotypical Freaks The Stereotypical Freaks by Howard Shapiro
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story tells us about so much more than the typical stereotypes high school kids experience than you expect when reading this. I can honestly say that if I read it as a story without graphics I am not to certain I would have enjoyed it so much. It has been a long time since I read a graphic novel with pictures and a story. It brought me back to my childhood years when I would read the comic, Archie.
I loved the story line and totally did not expect the twist we seen in here. Kinda breaks your heart! Music is a great healer they say and in this instance they weren't lying. The added bonus is the songs in the beginning of each chapter. It either made you think of the song in your head or it had you google searching it to see if you agree with the choice selected even if not your typical choice of music.
I may be an older adult reading this; however, I would highly recommend this for any teenager as they can see that they are not alone and maybe how to overcome some of their fears while bringing out the good in them. Don't judge a book by its cover applies to more than books!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment