Monday, April 9, 2018

Review: It Ends with Us

It Ends with Us It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Why the heck did I wait so long to read this book when I got it at her signing when it was released in 2016?! Oh, yeah cause days later I’m still emotionally sad/happy all at once! CH you have nailed this book!! Once again you had me crying and the synopsis and title does not do this story justice cause totally not what I expected to this end with.
There is so much to say about this book, but aside from giving away spoilers I believe you just need to read the story so that you can ugly cry with us. I will say this story is NOT a love triangle, it speaks of a dark/taboo matter and it is honest and inspiring. The “Naked Truth” and Ellen diary help us from the Ryle and Atlas aspect. I’m sure this has been asked before and told, but has Ellen ever been informed that she has a fan following in this book? If this book was ever made into a movie and it so needs to be Ellen needs to make her cameo appearance.
Lily shows us just how strong women are and can be. Allysa is what friends are made for. Ryle I still have a soft spot for you, but I’m still emotionally challenged at the moment when it comes to you. Hope that makes sense cause this is the best way to state this without spoilers. Atlas speaks for itself. It may be a link to Lily’s past, but it can be a map to how our future is built from past experiences and guidance.
It Ends with Us is a must read whether you are a Hoover fan or not! I’ve loved all her books, and Ugly Love was my favorite, but now I still struggle on what I loved more this or that. It’s a tie and deal breaker for me. I’ve met CH a few times and will be meeting her again this year, not certain if I want to hug or shake her after reading this. Maybe both, but this story is truly inspirational and will stay with you for a long time.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment