Saturday, April 14, 2018

Title: Harper and the One-Night Stand
Author: R. Linda
Genre: NA Romance
Release Date: April 10, 2018


A few too many cocktails in paradise, and I woke up in someone else’s bed. My ex-boyfriend’s cousin’s bed, to be exact. 
Huge mistake. 
Nate and I agreed it wouldn’t happen again. We didn’t want to hurt Brody. Only it did happen, repeatedly, until I finally found the courage to walk away. 
But I couldn’t ignore the temptation, and I soon found myself back in his bed—or on his floor—stealing secret kisses and forbidden touches, sneaking around behind everyone’s backs.
I tried so hard to resist Nate’s charms, but my resolve crumbled. How could I not be swept off my feet by water towers in the rain and deep confessions on the beach? 
The last thing we want is to hurt anyone, but it is out of our control. And there isn’t a thing I can do except give him my heart and hope he keeps it safe…regardless of the consequences.

R. Linda drinks wine and writes books.
A coffee addicted, tattoo enthusiastic fangirl with a slight obsession for a particular British boy band and solo artist, she is a writer of Contemporary YA/NA Romance and Suspense, sometimes dabbling in Paranormal as well. 
Renee lives in Melbourne, Australia with her husband and two sons. When not writing she can often be found reading books to her children and cuddling up with them on the couch to watch their favourite movies.

HOSTED BY:


Scandalous Series book three and is a standalone in the series and can be enjoyed by itself, but I suggest reading the other books first or after you read this story. This is my first book by this author, that I loved, but I do need to go back and read the other two books to tie into these secondary characters that played a close roll in this book and story. Bailey/Ryder, Lincoln/Indie plus some other characters stories continue in this book and their stories and men all sounded so hot that it is hard to chose just one that you will love the best.
The intense passion and chemistry between Nate and Harper are undeniable and while they try to do the “right thing” and not hurt Brody, who is Harper’s ex and Nate’s cousin by not starting a relationship and keeping it to “just one night” actually are hurting themselves and wasting time spent is how I see this. I get the “right thing”, but it was a couple years ago that she dated Brody and yes, it would be odd and hurtful, if it was spoken the hurt may have been easier than what they had to torture themselves with.  I say, “screw the consequences” and let the zing occur.
The Love Shack hilarious and loved that these band of characters loved to torture each other with details that they knew would annoy their family/friends. I loved that while we see the secondary characters stories continue that we weren’t really left out of things, well OK some if we didn’t read their story, but we can follow them just fine and enjoy how all the relationships tie together. Plus, it ties into the current story and Brody/Nate’s job also bring forth a current story. I have a feeling with where Brody may be headed and if I am correct it is going to be a good one with this crazy bunch of family/friends. You can tell that each story has its own heartbreak, but the attraction between all these characters show that they care about hurting other people’s feelings and want to do the right things. Let’s stick with while it’s the right thing to do, sometimes doing the wrong thing is right! 

No comments:

Post a Comment