Friday, September 23, 2016

Review: The Silent Waters

The Silent Waters The Silent Waters by Brittainy C. Cherry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I should have known to have tissues on hand reading this book after reading, "The Air He Breathes". You have been warned, have those tissues on hand.
Maggie May was a spitfire who knew that her and Brooks, her brother, Calvin's BF would be married at the ripe young age of about ten. Well bad things happen to good people and her life changed in an instant. Holy tear jerker this book! Maggie became mute after a horrible event and her life was never the same. Her family for the most part supported her and guided her (most is the key word), but the one honest support was lo and behold, Brooks. Oh my, this man and boy truly loved like we all should regardless of a persons faults or disabilities.
Ms. Boone was an added bonus for Maggie. At first, I wasn't too fond of her sister, Cheryl, but she did a complete 360 turn and the turn went to the her mom, Katie. What the heck is wrong with you  lady? Glad you came to your senses. Wow, she baffled me. I love her brother, Calvin and his bandmates, The Crooks. The love they had for Maggie was so sweet!
My heart dropped as they were adults. They had been through so much and to have a relationship had to be really hard with how close these two were even when they were apart. Gotta say, Sasha was not your average famous star. I didn't like her at first, but in the end she was ok, in my book.
OMG, I don't think I will ever watch, Titanic now and not be able to laugh at that scene and will think of the book, The Silent Waters. I was dying laughing.  Loved the letters throughout the book between these two! The kids version and adult version is cute and funny. Holy wow, hold onto your kindle cause a bomb is dropped on you after Maggie twenty years later finally comes out of her shell. I was hoping she didn't revert back to her old self.
This book touched on so many topics and you will not want to miss this book, trust me. You will laugh, cry, gasp and feel as if you are the characters. We will feel just like Maggie did as she was reading her books. I would disown, Cheryl if she did that to my precious books. Cruel, but she turned out to be awesome. The bottom line in this story is that both Maggie May and Brooks each had their own silent water story. Doesn't mean they aren't heartbreaking though.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment