Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Title: How We Fall
Author: Melissa Toppen
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: April 21, 2017
It’s not always about how we fall- it’s about where we end up once we land.
I remember the very first time I laid eyes on Cole Lincoln. It still feels like yesterday when he stumbled into my life with his messy brown hair and dark eyes. Even though I was only ten years old at the time, I knew right then and there that he was going to change everything.
From that point on Cole and I were always together—inseparable—and I naively believed we’d be best friends forever. But forever didn’t last nearly as long as I expected.
We grew up and grew apart, life driving the distance between us, but my love for Cole never faltered. Even long after he moved away, leaving me and our little town behind, I still carried a piece of him with me every single day. Because Cole wasn’t just my childhood best friend- the boy who knew me better than anyone else in the whole world. He was also my first love- a part of my very core.
When a tragic death brings us face to face again after six years, every single memory comes rushing to the surface. Only this is not the boy I fell in love with all those years ago. The man before me is hardened, intimidating, and so damn sexy I practically melt when those dark eyes meet mine for the first time in six years.
And like the first time he walked into my life, I know with complete certainty that everything is about to change.
“This book was EVERYTHING. Melissa wrote such a beautiful story.” - Reader Review
“I enjoyed it and would definitely read a Melissa Toppen book again.” - MJ’s Book Blog and Reviews
“I'm In Heaven On EARTH!!!!!!!” - Reader Review
Melissa Toppen is a Reader's Choice Award Winning and Bestselling Romance Author of New Adult, Contemporary, Erotic and Romantic Suspense. She is a lover of books and enjoys nothing more than losing herself in a good novel. She has a soft spot for Romance and focuses her writing in that direction; writing what she loves to read. Melissa was born and raised in a small town in Ohio and now resides in Cincinnati with her husband and two children, where she writes full time. In addition to spending time with family and friends, Melissa loves going to concerts and is obsessed with the T.V. shows Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Once Upon a Time and Outlander.
HOSTED BY:




The title was meant for the characters in this book, but it also meant How We Fall in love with these two as well. This is a BF to lovers second chance book and if you love these types of reads you will enjoy this one. You will laugh, cry and yearn for these two to wake up and take that important leap that has been hidden for most of their life. While it is sad how they see each other six years later, it was almost like a nudge to bring them together. I loved that this was told from a dual POV as we got to feel the full relationship from both sides. This story is told in the past/present and is needed to show you how it led up to today. 
Being ten years old and meeting the "new kid" and the "neighbor" is exciting as long as you two get along (haha), but when your heart is taken this young we don't always cherish it as we grow up. Cole and Melanie were inseparable and like two pea in the pods, but life throws you curves and as you grow up you sometimes go in two different directions. Though it is sad that they were separated for six years I truly feel that they needed this to get to where they are today. 
Melanie was a tomboy you can say growing up. She didn't let dirt or water stop her from hanging with her friends. There is a moment where Cole would have me running and screaming just like Melanie. Oh you snake you, Cole that was funny, but cruel. Though you always did like to scare her. Cole was always a cutie and then he grew into a hotter version when he got older. He was still wild at heart and Melanie still held that candle that no other girl could to his heart. 
They were both in relationship when they meet again six years later. No this is not a love triangle for those of you who don't like those reads. Cole was not in a serious relationship and Melanie while in a serious relationship (if you want to call it that) was never meant to stay with Nate. Don't get me wrong I loved Nate, but the closure that these two got said it all. Both their hearts weren't were they needed to be. Nate was the safe one and Cole was the wild/spontaneous one. Cole/Melanie were soul mates and it was almost like the Lucky 10 you could say. They met when they were ten and the ten minute meeting was quicker than either thought, but well over due if you ask me. I am just glad it was Cole/Melanie and not Sampson/Helga. lol  Don't worry you will find out who those two are! There are quite a few moments where you are left wondering why?? and your heartbeats waiting to see if you will weep in a corner or if you will be wiping the tears from sad to happy. It's like after all those years of that fort being up crumbling down until the last hour. I don't even want to think what would have happened cause I don't think the clan and town could handle another Michael. Well just say that the kitten was a turning point for them. 
You will feel as if you are apart of the clan and town as you step into this story. You will walk away with photographic memories in your mind and will remember this story as being touchy, sad and loving. Let's not forget you may be wanting some "Waffles" after reading this too.  We all fall at one point in our life and Cole/Melanie had to fall a few times to get to their HEA. One of the best second chance reads to date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment