Monday, October 9, 2017

Review: When Darkness Consumes

When Darkness Consumes When Darkness Consumes by C.M. Radcliff
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

How the heck do I write a review on darkness and triggers without giving spoilers away? Well this is going to have to be one of the vaguest reviews cause this may be the authors debut book, but it (the story) is not finished so we have Q & A’s that we want as well as Lydia and Ryder wanting answers. I will say that when the next book is released, I will be able to speak more freely on things in a review as you will need to read this book before you read book two so there will not be spoilers.
This book is dark, contains triggers, scenes you are cringing on, but you are warned before you even start reading the book by the author. If you cannot handle these reads, please do not read the story; if you can, pick this book up and experience the journey along with us, Ryder and Lydia. You are like a pully in this story, you are being pulled one way and then twisted the other way and turning all over again. Add in the love/hate teetering like a topple game and you are left hoping it doesn’t topple when we are left with a please let there be another page cause my heart just drops with that ending.
Lydia’s life is literally turned upside down in one night. Oh my, I would have died and not been able to survive. She is one strong girl cause after the first darkness I don’t think I would have awaken. Ryder may start breaking down her wall, but secrets can only stay quiet for so long. So, what happens When Darkness Consumes, you? Well, wouldn’t you like to know!? We sure would too!
We are left with a cliffy of, “The day she came back to me was the same day that I lost her.” Oh, my please tell me that the next book will be coming sooner rather than later. My heart breaks for Lydia and she needs her HEA in numerous ways (love included). The release of this new author, definitely takes you on a thrill of a ride and revenge has never looked so appealing.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment