Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Katie’s New Daddy~ Release Date November 1

By Allysa Hart
Buy Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0771R7MRW/

Sales Blurb:

The highly anticipated sequel to Adopting Katie is here!
Widowed mother Katelyn Summers, knows her husband would have wanted her to move on and find happiness for herself and a father for their infant son. Knowing that doesn't make doing it any easier, and she is spiraling fast as she struggles with balancing her new normal with her old wants and needs.
Jeff has always been a natural leader, controlling all aspects of his life with a confidence that rivals no other. When a failed marriage crumbles that confidence, he leaves his entire world behind and loses himself in his work. Nothing can bring him home, until he meets her.
Can these two help each other move on from their painful pasts and into their happily ever after together? How does Katie’s unique family fit into the mix? Can you really have your cake and eat it too?


Excerpt:


“I would give my life to make sure that look of pain never graces your precious face ever again, you know that?”
Her head dropped and she sighed. “I don’t know what to do,” she confessed.
“Sweetheart, look at me, please.” He kept his voice level and calm. She lifted her eyes to his without moving her chin from her chest. He smiled at her strong will. She wanted to listen to him, but she was probably scared. He was about to change that, forever. “I love you and Noah. You two have become my life, and I would do anything for you. Do you understand what I am saying?”
“Yes, but...”
“No, I don’t think you do understand.” He spoke sharply, sitting up straight and pulling her into his lap. “Let me spell it out for you. I am a detective, but being a detective is not my life. You are my life. You and that little dude who already has me wrapped around his pudgy spit-soaked thumb. If my job gets in the way of my happiness, then that simply means it is time for me to move on. I buried myself in work for survival, but I also moved away from my family and lost some years I will never get back. I won’t make the same mistake again.”
“You can’t quit your job.” Katie rolled her eyes and shook her head. It was obvious she didn’t have a clue how serious he was.
“I can’t lose you.”
“I could never ask you to switch careers.”
“I could never let you leave because of it.”
His answers were quick and automatic. There should be no doubt in her mind of his intentions after this conversation.

About Allysa Hart

I am a full-time mom to a sassy, strong-willed, loveable little girl. Okay, so she is all me. I am on the wrong side of 30, and I have been married to my best friend for over eight years. Like most couples, we have our ups and downs, but I could not imagine doing life with anyone else by my side. We are Southern California transplants, currently residing in a very rural part of the east coast. I have two crazy dogs that I adore, even though they drive me out of my ever-loving mind, most days.
I have recently rediscovered my love of words and decided to become a writer. My first story is my heart and soul, and it reaches into the depths of all that is me. I also create covers, promos, and logos for authors. I have met some amazing friends on this journey that I now happily call family. Without my family members, whether biological or chosen, I would not be half the person I am today. Their constant love and support keep me afloat.

Stalk Ally at:



No comments:

Post a Comment