Monday, May 1, 2017

Title: Resurrecting Hope
Author: Jane Anthony
Genre: Contemporary Romance (with Dark Elements)
Release Date: May 1, 2017
Cover Designer: Cover Me Darling
Photographer: Sean Archer

Author Betty Shreffler - “For a book that will take your heart on an emotional rollercoaster dive into Resurrecting Hope!” Author Dani Rene - “When Jane told me she's writing a dark romance, I had no doubt she'd absolutely kill it, but this is so much more.” Socially Book Nerd - “I am in awe of Jane's ability to take a photo inspiration and turn it into something I could have never imagined.”

~Hope~
I’m broken.
I’m hiding.
I’m not the woman he claims he loves.
Hope Moon is a figment, a fairy tale. A single mom with sunny smiles on the outside, but whose pitch-black insides are riddled with demons.
I can’t look him in the face, can’t tell him who I am.
If I let my guard down, Jack will find me.
Jack’s wrath left me bound in hell. 
Can Hank’s love set me free?
~Hank~
I’ve been hurt. 
I’ve been used. 
I’ve been betrayed.
But Hank Lawless isn’t a man to be trifled with. 
Hope Moon has caught me like a fly in a web. Her gaze is haunted, her moves calculated. There’s more to the dark haired beauty than meets the eye. She’s hiding something. 
I need to find a way to break down her defenses.
I vowed to walk beside her through her own personal hell.
But is my love enough to free her from it? 
**This book contains mature content and is meant for adults 18+. It contains a trigger warning for graphic scenes of domestic violence and rape. It’s a story about second chances, and overcoming your shattered past by any means necessary. Please take this into account before reading.**
Jane Anthony is a romance author, fist pumping Jersey-girl, and hard rock enthusiast. She resides in the ‘burbs of New Jersey with her husband and children. A lover of Halloween, vintage cars, & coffee, she’s also a cornucopia of useless 80’s knowledge and trivia. When not writing, she’s an avid reader, concert goer, and party planner extraordinaire.
Jane loves hearing from her readers! Connect with her on these social media sites, and don’t be too shy to say hello!
HOSTED BY:


This author may just become my one-click author after reading this book. I was first introduced to this author when I read Kade's book: Second Chance Rockstar Romance (completely separate from this book so no worries there as it's a complete standalone). I fell in love with Kade, but Hank you may be stealing that title. Let's face it, a Rockstar is HOT, but a there is something about a dark read that takes your heart when someone who faces a horrendous past gets a second chance at life and love. This story is told from a dual POV and we see diary entries that give us the background on how past. This may be a saving grace though! I feel it made the story so much better to get the full experience being told in a dual POV and seeing those entries.
Hope Moon as we know her is running from a monster and I don't even think that is the correct word to use on Jack. It took guts for Hope (Rebecca) to run for her life. The angels were definitely with her when someone she didn't know and met online helped her escape. When you meet Betty and Taylor you will fall in love with them. She knows at any moment Jack could find her and it wouldn't be nice. 
Hank is the handy man and boy was that laundry room scene HOT! All I can say is the angels must have been watching over Hope again cause her little angel was meant to have a nice daddy and not an evil daddy. Hank returns to Bama about four years later to help his twin, Jasper out with his niece. Boy, that was heartbreaking as well. Those genes are strong in the Lawless family.  He wants to explore more with Hope cause he never forget her while gone. He knows she is hiding something, but jeepers once it is revealed can he handle the risk and is love worth it? Those are the questions you will be asking. NY was heartbreaking and brings danger, but can Hank rescue the Moon girls when crazy Jack is involved. 
Warning, this is a dark read and deals with domestic violence, rape, loss and overcoming a tragic past life. Put all that aside and you will fall in love with this story. While you may cringe when reading certain scenes the happier and passion scenes make up for the bad. Remember with bad comes good and this holds true in this story. You will laugh, cry and be rooting for them to get a HEA. You will see a family getting a second chance to be an "us" that was well overdue. I highly recommend this read if you enjoy dark reads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment