Thursday, May 25, 2017




Title: Sexy Motherpucker
A Bad Motherpuckers Novel
Author: Lili Valente
Genre: Steamy Romantic Comedy/Hockey Romance
Release Date: May 22, 2017



Blurb

When the family dog trots in with my diaphragm in its mouth—in front of my date, his parents, and his adorable little girl—you would think I’d hit rock bottom.

WRONG.

Let’s back this up a sec…

Brendan Daniels is the sexiest man alive. The captain of the Badger’s NHL team is also clever, kind, funny, and was my good friend…until we cruised out of the friend zone one weekend with a red-hot fling. Come Monday morning, I wanted to keep riding the Big O train to happy town, but Brendan wanted someone who was “stepmom” material.

A.K.A, not me, apparently.

The problem? I’m crazy in love with him and his daughter. So when he asks me to be his pretend girlfriend for a long weekend with his former in-laws, I say yes. We’re still friends, after all, and friends don’t let friends fake it alone.

***

Laura Collins is the last woman I should be thinking about taking in the back seat of my car, in the woods behind my in-laws’ house, or in a hotel room where we’re sharing one very small, very squeaky bed.

I need a steady, stable influence for my daughter, not a fling with this too wild, too young, too impulsive red head. So what if she’s beautiful and intense and passionate and has the biggest heart I’ve ever known?

I don’t want to fall in love. I really don’t. The whole “pretend girlfriend” thing was supposed to solve my problems, buy me a little more time.

But when it comes to Laura?

Hell, maybe I’m just not cut out for faking it.








Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU






Also Available


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU



Coming Soon



Releasing July 11, 2017

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
B&N / KOBOiBOOKS






Author Bio

Lili Valente has slept under the stars in Greece, eaten dinner at midnight with French men who couldn’t be trusted to keep their mouths on their food, and walked alone through Munich’s red light district after dark and lived to tell the tale. 

These days you can find her writing in a tent beside the sea, drinking coconut water and thinking delightfully dirty thoughts. 



Author Links




BLOGS REVIEW

For those of us who have read, Hot as Puck we knew that there was a story brewing between Brendan and Laura. Laura is Libby’s sister and Justin is Laura’s BF, Libby’s other half and Brendan’s hockey team mate. Whew!, but guess what you don’t have to read the other book to read this one since it is about Brendan and Laura. Though you will want to find out about the hats Justin makes, just saying if you read the other book. Each book can be read as a standalone if you choose this option.
When you start off reading you are thinking to yourself why are you burning those things? When you find out you don’t know if you should chuckle or cringle. OH Henry (like the candy bar), it is probably best if you do not eat or drink in the first few pages so you don’t spit laugh your drink or food once you see why! The laughter continues with those Badger players. You would think you are dealing with boys instead of grown men when it comes to Happy Rookie Prank Day. It is funny, but not some of the things they do to each other, but I guess that is what team spirit is all about, right?! Trust me, when I say you will laugh throughout this story and your face may even be just as red as Laura’s hair. 
Laura AKA Collins or Freckles works with the Badger’s team and she sometimes helps Brendan when his nannies bail and he needs someone to occupy Chloe while he is playing. Chloe is cute and very artist and let’s not forget just as funny. The bond between Laura and Chloe is heart melting (even more than what we saw in Hot as Puck). Laura and Brendan share a weekend fling and while Laura wants to keep it going, Brendan puts the brakes on this. Brendan is still dealing with a lot of baggage you can say so I can see where he feels this might be best, but the chemistry between you two might just out win your stubbornness. They don’t let that weekend ruin their friendship or work ship either. That is until Brendan asks her to be in a relationship “fake” to appease the in-laws. Better watch out cause you might be burning more than what was burning in the beginning of this story. Haha. Sometimes they say, “Fake it to you make it” and sometimes you realize that faking it is blurring with reality. The chemistry and love that these three share warms your heart and just like in any relationship (friend or lovers) there are obstacles to overcome. Definitely a goal win!
Besides loving this whole book and series, can I just say I love the text chapters between the characters. I think they are hilarious and add to the story of just saying they spoke etc. Love books from dual POV!  I cannot wait to see how the Rookie and Brendan’s sister playout. There just might be some hockey stick jabs going on. Haha. Lastly, why the heck did I never think of road-trip bingo, definitely something that needs to go in the travel bag for trips with your kids. If you enjoy reading sports romance this one is for you especially when it comes to a HOT single dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment