Thursday, May 26, 2016

Review: Hot Mess

Hot Mess Hot Mess by Madeline A. Rosenberg
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The title of the book explains it all. This book is a hot mess. It was told by so many different POVs. Most of which happened in one paragraph. There was no clear way to find out who was telling the story. At times very hard to understand. I feel like there could have been a good story here. Going back and forth from past too present was really confusing as well. I understand each character played a role in the story, if there was a clear distinction between them all it would have made it better.
Anna is a big drama queen! So much so it was hard to be in her head sometimes. Why do girls think they need a man around them all the time? You would think as the story progresses that she would grow up a little instead of living in her high school ways. Sadly I don't see this happening. There is a glimmer of hope at the end of the book when she is sent to rehab. Maybe she will find that the tragic thing that happened makes her less of a hot mess.
Trevor thought he could save Anna. Though I think he needed more saving himself. He has so many problems himself. I feel like he could have been a good guy if he wasn't involved with Anna.
There is no real love story here. I don't feel like any of these characters truly loved one another. Maybe its because I'm a little older and I don't understand young love. Don't get me wrong I do love my YA books still but this one was a little off. I wish I could give it more stars. I feel like there was potential here.
3.5 Stars. One day good reads will have a .5 option.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment